Quick Balinese Fish Curry
After a quick and easy feed that's both saucy and aromatic? Passage Foods have got you covered with this Balinese Fish Curry!
Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
What You'll Need:
- 1 x 375g Passage to India Balinese Curry Simmer Sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large tomato (170g), cut into large dices
- 1 and a 1/2 cups (200g) of freshly peel and diced pineapple (tip: choose a sweet ripe pineapple such as Queensland Harris variety!)
- 800g of white fish fillets, cut into 5cm cubes (choose a firm fish fillet such as blue eye, monkfish or ling!)
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Pinch of turmeric to serve
- Coconut rice to serve
- Tomato sambal to serve (for a quick tomato sambal, mix chopped tomato, shallots, chilli, ginger and minced garlic. Balance the sweet and sour flavours with brown sugar and tamarind or lime juice).
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in Balinese Curry Simmer Sauce, water, tomato and pineapple and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add fish and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked through (tip: fish is cooked when it flakes easily).
- Serve with topped with fresh coriander and serve with turmeric and coconut rice and tomato sambal.